Copied to clipboard!
How Do I Turn On Automated Insurance Billing So That My Claims Automatically Submit?
July 20, 2023
To turn on automated billing:
- Go to the organization menu dropdown
- Click on 'Edit Organization'
- Click on 'Organization EMR Settings'
- Scroll to the bottom to Insurance Billing
- Select from the dropdown when you would like claims to be submitted (immediately, with a delay, manually)
- Make your selection and click 'Save Organization' at the bottom
To ensure that automated billing works correctly, please ensure you are adding billing details and signing to your visit notes - as your signature and the billing information are the two triggers for automated billing.
- To sign your notes, simply open the note and click 'Sign visit note' at the bottom of the page
- To add billing details, with your visit note open in front of you, click on 'Actions' (top right hand corner)
- Click 'Billing'
- Confirm billing details (location, billing code, units, duration)