Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Strength
Physical therapists use strength training exercises to improve mobility, manage pain and chronic conditions, recovery from injury, and/or prevent future injury or chronic disease. A PT will work with the patient to develop a personalized plan to strengthen muscles, improve the cardiovascular system, control body weight, benefit mental health, encourage socialization, and reduce the risk of chronic disease.
Physical Therapy and Exercise 1Author: ChoosePT - Physical therapists are movement experts who can develop a safe individualized exercise plan for you, whether your goal is to manage your weight or combat the effects of conditions such as obesity and
Your Child’s Early Development is a Journey 1Author: Centers For Disease Control and Prevention - Skills such as taking the first step, smiling for the first time, and waving “bye-bye” are called developmental milestones. Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, act, and move. Click on the age of your child to see the milestones:
- Lower Extremity Strength 0
- Core Strength 0
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- Teaching Kiki’s Physical Therapy Activities about Jokes - Wisecrack 0
- Standing Balance Exercises Without Equipment 1
- Upper Extremity Strength 0
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- How do I do a jumping jack? 2
- Coordination Activities 0
- Move as the Rainbow Scavenger Hunt 1
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
The Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency Second Edition (BOT™-2) delivers the most precise and comprehensive measure of motor skills, both gross and fine.
- Jane will demonstrate normalized head shape without facial asymmetries by 8 months of age while tolerating 30-60 minutes of mobility, soft tissue mobilization, and developmental positioning at 5 consecutive PT visits in order to improve torticollis and plagiocephaly. 1
- Tynisha will demonstrate independent standing within 8-10 minutes for 4/5 trials while holding toys in hands with no loss of balance over 8 therapy sessions to demonstrate strength and balance. 2