Copied to clipboard!
Occupational Therapy -> Attention -> Sustained Attention
Holding and mainting attention over a period of time, necessary for the focus and concentration needed in learning, listening, and paying attention during conversations or instructions.
Effects of Exercise and Physical Activity On Anxiety 1Author: Elizabeth Anderson1 and Geetha Shivakumar1,2, - Exercise and cognitively based distraction techniques were shown to have equal effectiveness at reducing state anxiety, however, exercise was more effective in reducing trait anxiety (Petruzzello et al., 1991).
Visual Schedule Cards
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a disorder marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development.
- Given direct OT intervention, Shawn will demonstrate improved sensory modulation skills as measured by attending to therapist selected tasks for 5 consecutive minutes on 3 out of 4 trials as measured by data collection to demonstrate attention and sustained attention skills over 4 sessions over 3 weeks of therapy. 3
- Peter will remain seated during circle time at school with the usage of a wobble cushion for 5 minutes 4 /5 days a week by the end of the 9 weeks to enhance their role as a student and their attention in academic learning. 0
- Peter will remain seated during work time at school for 15 consecutive minutes on 3 out of 5 days with the assistance of utilizing body engagers by March 5, 2023 . 0
- Horace will attend for 5 minutes on clinician-directed non-preferred activities with 80% accuracy, given moderate cueing, across 4 consecutive sessions as measured by weekly data collection. 4
- Reuben will attend to therapist selected tasks (puzzles, blocks, beads, etc.) for a 10 minute period with no more than 4 verbal cue on 3 out of 4 opportunities as measured by therapist observations and data collection over 4 therapy sessions to demonstrate attention/sustained attention skills. 3
- When upset or overwhelmed, Jane will choose and utilize a calming strategy provided 3/5 visual choices to reach a regulated state with moderate assist from an adult with 90% accuracy across 3 sessions to promote increased successful participation in age-appropriate daily tasks. 3
- To demonstrate improved attention Catrice will complete an assigned fine motor activity/task without perseveration and in a functional period of time on 80% of opportunities over a 5 week therapy period. 4
- Given unrestricted access to multimodal communication options, Jordan will express choice to wear UB and LB clothing for 10 minutes in 3 out of 4 opportunities, with visual and 80% verbal cues for increased participation and functional independence in daily life. 0
- Jane will draw a line to connect the same objects from the left side to the right side demonstrating eye-hand coordination and visual tracking accuracy in 3 /4 attempts in 3 consecutive sessions, with verbal prompting for attention. 0
St Patricks Themed activities including: Handwriting (writing upper case letters) Motor control exercises, Visual perception, Matching game, What is your leprechaun name, Pre writing lines
Restaurant Ordering Food Resources. Daily Living. Occupational therapy. Handwriting Resource. The holiday breakfast menu features an assortment of breakfast foods and prices to create your own brea...Includes activity list
Fine Motor Resource. Cutting. Scissors. Occupational Therapy Resource. In the first activity, you can help Kiki put the rainbow back together by cutting out each color strip and placing them back i...Includes activity list
This resource provides shapes that can be traced and steps for laying out the completed shapes to create an image. The patient can then match the completed image they created with one of 3 photos. ...Includes activity list