Copied to clipboard!
Occupational Therapy -> Gross Motor Skills -> Motor Planning
Motor planning or “praxis” is planning and carrying out a motor movement or sequence. Motor planning is required in any action we make that is not reflexive or automatic. Motor planning is required for fine and gross motor activities.
- Sense of Sight/20 min Easter Egg Decoration 1
- Snowman Dance Actions: Word list 1
- Two-step directions involving body movements 3
- One-, two-, and three-step directions – Kiki is Flying 0
- How do I do a jumping jack? 2
- Examples of symmetry in nature for 9 year old 1
- Butter Recipe 1
- Move as the Rainbow Scavenger Hunt 1
- Crossing Midline 0
Visual Schedule Cards
- Jane will actively participate and complete 10 min of upper body strengthening activities, including animal walk, plank, inchworm, and similar weight-bearing activities with modeling in 4 /5 sessions, to increase upper-body strength and awareness. 0
- Joesph will complete a 5-5 step obstacle course without loss of balance or bumping into objects with no more than 5 prompts on 90% of trials, over 5 therapy sessions, to demonstrate motor planning skills. 4
Wild Wednesday Animal Moves 2
Have fun acting out these wild animal moves
Farm Animal Moves 2
Have fun exercising while moving and acting like farm animals! This can be done for so many seconds or minutes or even to music for a game of freeze.
Kiki Blossoms Into Spring 3
Physical Therapy Resource. Exercise Resource. Movement Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Blossom with Kiki using these exercises as a session outline or warmup activity.
S is For Shaving Cream - A Sensory Activity 2
Sensory Integration Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. This is meant to be a sensory activity which can assist with reducing tactile sensitivity, encourage pre handwriting skills (by drawing ...
Super Hero Animal Interval 2
Have fun with these animal moves as a great exercise and gross motor activity. This activity can help with sensory/emotional regulation, calming techniques, balance, coordination, and strengthening...
Kiki Plays Tic Tac Toe 2
Teletherpy. In-Person. A quick way to play tic tac toe! Print out or play on teletherapy!
Arrows - Jumping Activity 1
Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational therapy Resource. Outdoor. Print and laminate sheets then cut out each arrow. Place arrows on the floor facing different directions.