Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Bilateral Coordination -> Symmetrical Movements
This is our brains ability to use both hands or both feet (or our right arm and leg or our left arm and leg) to do something - think of jumping jacks, dribbling a ball with two hands, or jumping down from a step with both feet. PT helps make sure we can use both sides or both arms or both feet at the same time. If you can't do it at the same time, it might because the sides of our brain aren't talking to each other like they should or it could be that one side is stronger than the other.
- Core Strength 0
- Kiki's Wintery Mix Physical Therapy Activity List 1
- Coordination Activities 0
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- “There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Pie” Yoga Poses 1
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
- How do I do a jumping jack? 2
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
Visual Schedule Cards
- Tim will grasp a toy using BUE at midline in 3 / 5 treatment sessions, with Minimal assist and 80% verbal cues for increased grasp and release during playtime. 1
- Miles will demonstrate bilateral coordination as evidenced by completing 4 /6 symmetrical and reciprocal bilateral gross motor and fine motor tasks with 80% fluidity in 3 /4 trials, with modeling and min verbal assistance. 0
- Kim will safely perform 15 - jumping jacks, with min verbal prompting, 3/4 times per week, for 3 months, to improve extremity strength to join the playtime with her peers freely. 0
Bug Moves (Exercise) 3
Have fun acting a bug with these moves! Perform as a timed activity (do each one for so many seconds) or play a freeze dance game to a favorite song
Wonderwoman Warm-Up 2
A fun little super hero warm up activity based with Wonder Woman packed with gross motor skills!
Holiday Breakfast Yoga and Breathing Activities 3
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list
"I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" Yoga Activity 2
Read and move along to the book! Use the old lady to print and cut a circle/opening for her mouth or use on white board. Print and cut out food items to place in Old Lady's mouth or use food items ...Includes activity list
Farm Animal Moves 2
Have fun exercising while moving and acting like farm animals! This can be done for so many seconds or minutes or even to music for a game of freeze.
Super Hero Animal Interval 2
Have fun with these animal moves as a great exercise and gross motor activity. This activity can help with sensory/emotional regulation, calming techniques, balance, coordination, and strengthening...