Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Gross Motor Skills -> Ball Skills
Ball skills start in infants throwing a ball and advance through catching a ball one handed. For PT, we look at our patients ability to and mechanics of throwing, catching, dribbling, and shooting a ball as they grow.
Visual Schedule Cards
- Tom will walk up and kick a medium size ball without losing balance in 3 /4 trials, with modeling and 25% min support in 4 sessions, to participate in a play with his peers. 0
- Ryan will throw a baseball 20 feet with proper mechanics 10 times a day, for 2 week(s), to improve ball skills. 1
- Jane will toss a ball underhand 6 feet with min assistance, 5 times over 4-5 sessions, to increase ball skills so that he can play better during recess. 0
- Mikayla will throw a baseball 15 feet with no cuing, to improve functional throwing range of motion, within 1 week. 1
Holiday Breakfast Yoga and Breathing Activities 3
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list
Professionals who selected this minor focus area as their top area of expertise.
Candy MajorsTherapist PTA
Pediatric Physical Therapist Assistant
- Sidekick Therapy Partners
Physical Activity At Child Care Settings: Review and Research Recommendations 2Author: Dianne Ward - Some of the most important milestones in the timeline of physical health are taken within a child's first few years of ambulation. The article studies the effects that physical activity has on children aged 2-5.