Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Neuromuscular Retraining -> Body Awareness
Some kids have poor body awareness. These kids may appear clumsy, they trip frequently, have difficulty with hand eye coordination, and tend to run into other people in the hallways at school. PT can help connect our brains and our body parts to help these kids improve their ability to know what their body is doing, which decreases those clumsy tendencies.
- Kiki’s Physical Therapy Activities about Jokes - Wisecrack 0
- Crossing Midline 0
- Upper Extremity Strength 0
- Objects Seen While Hiking 4
- Teaching Kiki’s Physical Therapy Activities about Jokes - Wisecrack 0
- Fall Sports 5
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Coordination Activities 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- Standing Balance Exercises Without Equipment 1
- Heart Exercises 1
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- One-step directions about the body (can use with "Here We Are") 5
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
- Caroline will sit upright, maintaining midline, with minimal support, hold 60 seconds for 8 sessions, to increase floor static stability for playtime functionality. 0
- Trey will orient head towards rattle, with verbal cuing, with 75% success, for 30 seconds over 2 sessions, to improve spatial awareness for toy play. 1
- Sean will build a tower out of 10 blocks, with minimal assistance, for 5 sessions, to improve dexterity for building playtime. 1
- Conner will complete shoe donning with Minimal assist and 80% verbal cue, 5 times a week, for increased functional independence when changing shoes in the class. 1
- Benny will sit in short sitting, maintaining midline, with Supervision assist, for 90 seconds over 5 sessions, to improve static sitting balance in class. 1
- To increase participation during circle time games, Lauren will transition from supine to long sitting and hold for 2 minutes with no assistance in 5 sessions, per teacher’s report. 1
- John will transition from quadruped to short kneeling, with min supervision, in 1 minute(s) to enable upright transitions in 4/5 trials for 6 sessions to better participate in classroom floor games. 1
- Jane will hold an elbow plank, without dropping, for 5 seconds , 30 times a weeks, to improve core endurance. 1
- Brett will move his arm from the side position straight into the air, 5 times for 6 sessions, to make asking questions in class easier. 0
- William will walk 30 feet in the school environment (i.e., homeroom room to the school cafeteria/bathroom) with hand-held assistance 4/5 days per week in 2 months per teacher's report. 0
- Savvah will actively perform upper and lower extremity and trunk strengthening exercises in every session at least 10 mins per session in 6 consecutive sessions to be able to continue practicing independently at home. 0
- Darrel will reach to floor to pick an object off the ground and return to upright with no supervision in the short sit position, 5 time per day, 4 / 5 days per week, for 4 weeks, to improve safety during the classroom and playground activities. 0
- Tom will walk up and kick a medium size ball without losing balance in 3 /4 trials, with modeling and 25% min support in 4 sessions, to participate in a play with his peers. 0
- Kurt will negotiate a multi-step obstacle course (e.g., balance beam, ramp, curb, stairs, climbing equipment) for 5 repetitions, with moderate assistance, in 6 consecutive sessions, to increase safe participation at the playground. 0
- After finishing activities for the day, Connor will perform static lower extremity stretches for 30 seconds each, 5 days a week, to improve flexibility and muscle relaxation. 0
- Lisa will reach for the object 5 xs with LUE, in a quadruped position, 4 /5 days in a week, in the classroom and other settings, with min supervision, to improve her gross motor skills and her participation in everyday life activities, in 6 weeks. 0
- Jay will transition from short sit to stand with stand-by supervision and no UE support, 5 times per day, and 4 /5 days per week for 6 weeks to improve safe participation in indoor and outdoor activities. 0
- Kim will squat to pick up objects off the ground and return to upright with CGA and no UE supervision, 5 times per day, 4/5 times per week, for 2 months, to improve her gross motor skills and independence in the classroom. 0
- Kosta will pull to stand from a kneeling position, 5 x during the session with verbal cuing, to improve standing balance and core strength in 2 months. 0
Physical Therapy For Jokesters: Wisecrack 3
Physical Therapy Resource. Movement Resource. Exercise Resource. PT. A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for ...Includes activity list
Spring Animal Exercises 4
Dana Parker PTA
Physical Therapy Resource. Exercise Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. PT. OT. Movement Resource. Spring is in the air, so it's time to get moving! These fun animal exercises help improve str...Includes activity list
Physical Therapy For Spring: Daffodils 3
Dana Parker PTA
Physical Therapy Resource. Movement Resource. PT. Exercise Resource. A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for ...Includes activity list
Physical Therapy For Spring: Strawberry 3
Dana Parker PTA
A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for those who are dreaming of delicious spring and summer strawberries.Includes activity list
Holiday Breakfast Yoga and Breathing Activities 3
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list
Farm Animal Moves 2
Have fun exercising while moving and acting like farm animals! This can be done for so many seconds or minutes or even to music for a game of freeze.
Super Hero Animal Interval 2
Have fun with these animal moves as a great exercise and gross motor activity. This activity can help with sensory/emotional regulation, calming techniques, balance, coordination, and strengthening...
Effects of Exercise On Cognitive Performance In Children and Adolescents With ADHD: Potential Mechanisms and Evidence-Based Recommendations 2Author: Lasse Christiansen - ADHD affects a high number of youth every year. This article keeps that in mind and assesses the effects that physical exercise will have on youths dealing with ADHD.
Exercise Interventions In Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care: An Overview of the Evidence and Recommendations For Implementation 2Author: Rebekah Carney - There are many different layers to the concept of health. This article goes in depth to show evidence supporting exercise for mental health.
Evidence Based Physical Activity For School-Age Youth 2Author: William Strong - Evidence based practice guidelines that review the effects of physical activity on youth. This study shows the positive effects of physical activity.
Exercise—Promoting Healthy Lifestyles In Children and Adolescents 2Author: Stewart Trost - This article shows the positive effects of physical activity on children through the lifespan. This article dives into the differing system benefits of exercise.
Evidence-Based Intervention In Physical Activity: Lessons From Around the World 2Author: Gregory W Heath - EBP relating to physical activity intervention. Helpful for adults and adolescents.
Systematic Review of the Health Benefits of Physical Activity and Fitness In School-Aged Children and Youth 2Author: Ian Janssen - A review dealing with multiple resource to showcase the benefits of physical activity in children. This evidence can be used to understand the positive effects of exercise on a child's physical and cognitive health.
Physical Activity At Child Care Settings: Review and Research Recommendations 2Author: Dianne Ward - Some of the most important milestones in the timeline of physical health are taken within a child's first few years of ambulation. The article studies the effects that physical activity has on children aged 2-5.
Health Benefits of Physical Exercise For Children and Adolescents 2Author: Trevor Archer - Research article describing the benefits of physical exercise. Helpful information on staying healthy through the lifespan
Eating, Sleeping and Moving Recommendations In Clinical Practice Guidelines For Paediatric Depression: Umbrella Review 2Author: Susan Campisi - Depression is mental health disease affecting large portions of the world. It also an increasingly rising topic in youths. This article gives exercise recommendations that could aid the children suffering with depression
The Cognitive Benefits of Exercise In Youth 2Author: Alex Diamond - Positive effects of exercise on youths' health and cognition.