Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Neuromuscular Retraining -> Weight Bearing
Weight bearing refers to how much weight a person puts through an injured body part.
Exercise Interventions In Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care: An Overview of the Evidence and Recommendations For Implementation 2Author: Rebekah Carney - There are many different layers to the concept of health. This article goes in depth to show evidence supporting exercise for mental health.
Exercise—Promoting Healthy Lifestyles In Children and Adolescents 2Author: Stewart Trost - This article shows the positive effects of physical activity on children through the lifespan. This article dives into the differing system benefits of exercise.
Health Benefits of Physical Exercise For Children and Adolescents 2Author: Trevor Archer - Research article describing the benefits of physical exercise. Helpful information on staying healthy through the lifespan
Systematic Review of the Health Benefits of Physical Activity and Fitness In School-Aged Children and Youth 2Author: Ian Janssen - A review dealing with multiple resource to showcase the benefits of physical activity in children. This evidence can be used to understand the positive effects of exercise on a child's physical and cognitive health.
Low Levels of Objectively Measured Physical Activity In Preschoolers In Child Care. 2Author: John Reilly - This article assesses the effects low levels of exercise will have on children. This article reviews relevant research to learn an estimation into what percentage of children lack adequate exercise.
- Lower Extremity Strength 0
- Core Strength 0
- Action Word related to Toileting 4
- Objects Seen While Hiking 4
- Upper Extremity Strength 0
- Crossing Midline 0
- Coordination Activities 0
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
- Standing Balance Exercises Without Equipment 1
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
- Olivia will cruise, using the wall as support, for 15 feet, for 5 sessions, to increase developmental ambulation for in school transitions. 0
- Kosta will pull to stand from a kneeling position, 5 x during the session with verbal cuing, to improve standing balance and core strength in 2 months. 0
- John will transition from quadruped to short kneeling, with min supervision, in 1 minute(s) to enable upright transitions in 4/5 trials for 6 sessions to better participate in classroom floor games. 1
- Jess will ambulate 100 feet on an uneven surface without stumbling to improve dynamic balance by 2 weeks. 1
- Kim will squat to pick up objects off the ground and return to upright with CGA and no UE supervision, 5 times per day, 4/5 times per week, for 2 months, to improve her gross motor skills and independence in the classroom. 0
- Tony will ambulate 50 feet, 5 times over 2 week(s), with hand held assist for increased transitioning when ambulating in school. 1
- Caitlyn will safely climb a ladder at the playground with minimal assistance, 3 times a week, for 2 week(s), to improve overall strength and endurance. 1
- Luke will ambulate 3 steps with no external aid to increase his stamina and walking independence in 3 weeks. 1
- Miles will negotiate up 1 flight of stairs, holding the handrail with one hand, with min to no assistance at least 3 /5 days in a week, to improve safety and independence in 2 months. 0
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list