Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Praxis -> Coordination
Being able to integrate multiple movements into one efficient movement. When you stand from a chair, you have to put your feet on the floor, lean forward, push with your legs, then straighten your back. Multiple movements happen quickly to become one big movement. Some kids have difficulty coordinating all the smaller movements into one big one. PT can help break down bigger tasks into smaller tasks to improve coordination.
- Kiki and Robo Play Hide and Seek: Verbs and Adjectives 1
- Halloween Movement 1
- Thanksgiving Movement List - Stuffed 1
- Upper Extremity Strength 0
- Coordination Activities 0
- Crossing Midline 0
- Fall Sports 5
- Kiki's Wintery Mix Physical Therapy Activity List 1
- Extreme Weather Conditions 8
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
- Caroline will sit upright, maintaining midline, with minimal support, hold 60 seconds for 8 sessions, to increase floor static stability for playtime functionality. 0
- Ryan will throw a baseball 20 feet with proper mechanics 10 times a day, for 2 week(s), to improve ball skills. 1
- Mara will actively participate and complete 10 min of upper-body strengthening activities, including animal walk, plank, inchworm, and similar weight-bearing activities with visual and min verbal cues, in 4 / 5 sessions, to increase upper-body strength and awareness. 0
- Trey will orient head towards rattle, with verbal cuing, with 75% success, for 30 seconds over 2 sessions, to improve spatial awareness for toy play. 1
- Kurt will negotiate a multi-step obstacle course (e.g., balance beam, ramp, curb, stairs, climbing equipment) for 5 repetitions, with moderate assistance, in 6 consecutive sessions, to increase safe participation at the playground. 0
- Jess will ambulate 100 feet on an uneven surface without stumbling to improve dynamic balance by 2 weeks. 1
- Mikayla will throw a baseball 15 feet with no cuing, to improve functional throwing range of motion, within 1 week. 1
- Jessica will bend down from standing to pick up 5 items with 90% accuracy within 3 days over the 4 consecutive weeks, to improve coordination. 1
- Kim will safely perform 15 - jumping jacks, with min verbal prompting, 3/4 times per week, for 3 months, to improve extremity strength to join the playtime with her peers freely. 0
Spooktacular Movement Story 3
Get moving to a Halloween inspired spooktacular movement story. Each movement is highlighted throughout story and spells out HALLOWEEN.
Holiday Breakfast Yoga and Breathing Activities 3
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list
Exercise Interventions In Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care: An Overview of the Evidence and Recommendations For Implementation 2Author: Rebekah Carney - There are many different layers to the concept of health. This article goes in depth to show evidence supporting exercise for mental health.
Evidence Based Physical Activity For School-Age Youth 2Author: William Strong - Evidence based practice guidelines that review the effects of physical activity on youth. This study shows the positive effects of physical activity.
The Cognitive Benefits of Exercise In Youth 2Author: Alex Diamond - Positive effects of exercise on youths' health and cognition.
Eating, Sleeping and Moving Recommendations In Clinical Practice Guidelines For Paediatric Depression: Umbrella Review 2Author: Susan Campisi - Depression is mental health disease affecting large portions of the world. It also an increasingly rising topic in youths. This article gives exercise recommendations that could aid the children suffering with depression
Evidence-Based Intervention In Physical Activity: Lessons From Around the World 2Author: Gregory W Heath - EBP relating to physical activity intervention. Helpful for adults and adolescents.
Health Benefits of Physical Exercise For Children and Adolescents 2Author: Trevor Archer - Research article describing the benefits of physical exercise. Helpful information on staying healthy through the lifespan
Low Levels of Objectively Measured Physical Activity In Preschoolers In Child Care. 2Author: John Reilly - This article assesses the effects low levels of exercise will have on children. This article reviews relevant research to learn an estimation into what percentage of children lack adequate exercise.