Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Range of Motion -> Active
These exercises involve very little assistance from the physical therapist. The patient is entirely capable of performing these exercises, and most often, the therapist’s involvement is limited to verbal cues and directions on how to improve the posture and movement involved in the exercises.
Recommendations For Physical Activity In Asthma: A Work Group Report of the AAAAI Sports, Exercise, and Fitness Committee 2Author: Sharmilee Nyenhuis - Many individuals suffer with Asthma. It can have many adverse effects that work directly against exercise. This article gives recommendations on how to complete exercise while suffering from asthma.
Low Levels of Objectively Measured Physical Activity In Preschoolers In Child Care. 2Author: John Reilly - This article assesses the effects low levels of exercise will have on children. This article reviews relevant research to learn an estimation into what percentage of children lack adequate exercise.
Eating, Sleeping and Moving Recommendations In Clinical Practice Guidelines For Paediatric Depression: Umbrella Review 2Author: Susan Campisi - Depression is mental health disease affecting large portions of the world. It also an increasingly rising topic in youths. This article gives exercise recommendations that could aid the children suffering with depression
Exercise—Promoting Healthy Lifestyles In Children and Adolescents 2Author: Stewart Trost - This article shows the positive effects of physical activity on children through the lifespan. This article dives into the differing system benefits of exercise.
Systematic Review of the Health Benefits of Physical Activity and Fitness In School-Aged Children and Youth 2Author: Ian Janssen - A review dealing with multiple resource to showcase the benefits of physical activity in children. This evidence can be used to understand the positive effects of exercise on a child's physical and cognitive health.
- 3 exercises with repetitions, to work on upper extremity (arms) strength - easy to understand for 9 years old 1
- Heart Exercises 1
- “There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Pie” Yoga Poses 1
- One-, two-, and three-step directions – Kiki is Flying 0
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
Visual Schedule Cards
- After finishing activities for the day, Connor will perform static lower extremity stretches for 30 seconds each, 5 days a week, to improve flexibility and muscle relaxation. 0
- Claudine will demonstrate improved ankle/foot alignment in 3 out of 4 attempts either through movement/strengthening or through ankle-foot orthoses (AFO)s, in order to improve independence with transitions, standing, gait, and stair negotiation over 4 therapy sessions. 2
- Brett will move his arm from the side position straight into the air, 5 times for 6 sessions, to make asking questions in class easier. 0
- Hazel will accept weight through bilateral LE in a bench seat position with feet flat on the floor for at least 3 seconds with CGA to demonstrate improve active and passive ankle range of motion over 3 therapy sessions. 2
- Ryan will throw a baseball 20 feet with proper mechanics 10 times a day, for 2 week(s), to improve ball skills. 1
- Tim will grasp a toy using BUE at midline in 3 / 5 treatment sessions, with Minimal assist and 80% verbal cues for increased grasp and release during playtime. 1
- Mikayla will throw a baseball 15 feet with no cuing, to improve functional throwing range of motion, within 1 week. 1
"I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" Yoga Activity
Read and move along to the book! Use the old lady to print and cut a circle/opening for her mouth or use on white board. Print and cut out food items to place in Old Lady's mouth or use food items ...Includes activity list
Holiday Breakfast Yoga and Breathing Activities
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list