Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Strength -> Core
Our abdominal muscles and back muscles have to work together so our bodies can sit, stand, or move. When our core strength is weak, babies tend to fling themselves backward in sitting or school kids have a difficult time sitting in their desk all day without squirming around. PT focuses on improving core strength in all ages.
The Cognitive Benefits of Exercise In Youth 2Author: Alex Diamond - Positive effects of exercise on youths' health and cognition.
Recommendations For Physical Activity In Asthma: A Work Group Report of the AAAAI Sports, Exercise, and Fitness Committee 2Author: Sharmilee Nyenhuis - Many individuals suffer with Asthma. It can have many adverse effects that work directly against exercise. This article gives recommendations on how to complete exercise while suffering from asthma.
Effects of Exercise On Cognitive Performance In Children and Adolescents With ADHD: Potential Mechanisms and Evidence-Based Recommendations 2Author: Lasse Christiansen - ADHD affects a high number of youth every year. This article keeps that in mind and assesses the effects that physical exercise will have on youths dealing with ADHD.
Exercise Interventions In Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care: An Overview of the Evidence and Recommendations For Implementation 2Author: Rebekah Carney - There are many different layers to the concept of health. This article goes in depth to show evidence supporting exercise for mental health.
Physical Activity At Child Care Settings: Review and Research Recommendations 2Author: Dianne Ward - Some of the most important milestones in the timeline of physical health are taken within a child's first few years of ambulation. The article studies the effects that physical activity has on children aged 2-5.
Ed McNeely 2Author: Strength Training For Children: a Review and Recommendations - All exercise has been shown to contain many benefits for children. This article discusses the effects that strength and resistance training can have on kids.
Top 20 (View all)
- Thanksgiving Movement List - Blessed 1
- Thanksgiving Movement List - Stuffed 1
- Kiki’s True Love Valentine’s Day Physical Therapy Activities 1
- Lower Extremity Strength 0
- Core Strength 0
- Heart Exercises 1
- Kiki’s Physical Therapy Activities about Jokes - Wisecrack 0
- Teaching Kiki’s Physical Therapy Activities about Jokes - Wisecrack 0
- Upper Extremity Strength 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Crossing Midline 0
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- “There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Pie” Yoga Poses 1
- Coordination Activities 0
- Kiki's Wintery Mix Physical Therapy Activity List 1
- One-, two-, and three-step directions – Kiki is Flying 0
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
Top 20 (View all)
- Carroll will demonstrate age appropriate gross motor skills independently within 5-7 minutes for 3/4 trials including pull to stand, standing, cruising and squatting through functional play for improved strength, balance and coordination over 4 therapy sessions. 2
- Grant will demonstrate pull to stand at support surface independently with equal weight bearing through both legs and able to shift weight to both sides within 7-10 minutes of functional play activities and 3/4 trials to demonstrate core and mobility skills over 4 therapy sessions. 2
- Felecia will demonstrate transitions from floor (sit-stand, supine-sit, prone-sit, squat-stand) independently through functional play in order to increase strength throughout extremities and trunk and increase play participation 90% of the time in 3/4 trials over 4 therapy sessions. 4
- Jane will hold an elbow plank, without dropping, for 5 seconds , 30 times a weeks, to improve core endurance. 1
- Kara will stand on tiptoes, with minimal sway, for 10 seconds, 5 times over 5 sessions, to promote higher scores on the Peabody Developmental Motor Scale. 1
- Reinaldo will demonstrate age-appropriate and normalized gait pattern demonstrating decreased base of support, decreased high guard, and foot/ankle alignment x4 ft independently on level surface 3/4/ trials to access environment with no LOB over a 2 week period. 2
- Given close supervision, Terica will crawl on hands and knees 5 feet in the classroom to access preferred toys on 3/4 days over 3 consecutive weeks as measured by therapist/teacher observation and documentation. 2
- Pamala will demonstrate sitting unsupported on flat surface independently within 6-10 minutes for 3/4 trials while playing with toys and reaching outside of the base of support with no loss of balance to improve trunk strength, balance, and protective responses over 3 therapy sessions. 2
- Dana will demonstrate improved postural stability and cores strength, as evidenced by 30% increase in participation in climb/mount age-appropriate play equipment with modeling and min verbal assistance in 3 /4 trials. 0
- Ulysses will demonstrate symmetry throughout transitions, movement, standing, and ambulation in order to improve strength equally and navigate throughout the environment in 3 out of 4 attempts over 4 therapy sessions. 2
- Savvah will actively perform upper and lower extremity and trunk strengthening exercises in every session at least 10 mins per session in 6 consecutive sessions to be able to continue practicing independently at home. 0
- Given close supervision, Arnita will maintain sitting in a classroom chair for 5 minutes to participate in classroom activities on 3/4 opportunities as measured by therapist/teacher observation and documentation over 3 therapy sessions. 2
- Katharine will be able to stand independently for 4-6 minutes while holding toy in both hands 3/4 trials without loss of balance in order to increase balance and LE/trunk strength over 4 therapy sessions. 2
- Given single hand support, Ezequiel will walk up and down steps, demonstrating an alternate gait pattern with controlled stepping, and without loss of balance 3/4 attempts to improve core strength and motor planning, over 3 therapy sessions. 2
- Harvey will be able to complete age-appropriate gross motor activities (jumping, kicking, throwing) with proper form to participate in PE activities 3 out of 4 trials as measured by teacher/therapist observation and documentation over a 3 week therapy period. 2
- Given minimal assistance Brendan will propel his wheelchair 6 feet through the classroom on 3/4 opportunities throughout the day as measured by therapist/teacher observation and documentation over 4 therapy sessions to demonstrate mobility and core strength. 2
- Given supervision, Lloyd will climb on low play equipment on 3/4 opportunities as measured by therapist/teacher observation and documentation over 4 therapy sessions to improve strength and motor planning. 2
- Kaley will demonstrate age-appropriate ball skills including catching with bilateral hands, throwing overhand/underhand, and kicking a ball with bilateral feet independently 80% of the time in 3/4 trials over 4 therapy sessions to demonstrate praxis and strength skills such as motor planning, core, and mobility. 2
- Tommy will imitate the therapists movement with no verbal cuing, with 75% success, for 90 seconds over 5 sessions, to improve cognitive motor planning for receiving instructions. 1
- Caroline will sit upright, maintaining midline, with minimal support, hold 60 seconds for 8 sessions, to increase floor static stability for playtime functionality. 0
Enjoy this HIIT (high intensity interval training) exercise any time of the day. This is a kid friendly activity, but any adult can join! The activity incorporates animal moves to make it fun. Perf...
Dana Parker PTA
A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for those who are dreaming of delicious spring and summer strawberries.Includes activity list
Physical Therapy Resource. Movement Resource. Exercise Resource. PT. A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for ...Includes activity list
Dana Parker PTA
Physical Therapy Resource. Movement Resource. PT. Exercise Resource. A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for ...Includes activity list
Read and move along to the book! Use the old lady to print and cut a circle/opening for her mouth or use on white board. Print and cut out food items to place in Old Lady's mouth or use food items ...Includes activity list
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list