Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Strength -> Lower Extremity
Lower extremity strength, or leg strength, is important for moving and walking safely. PT works on strengthening patient’s legs so they can jump with both feet at the same time, walk over various surfaces without falling, step over obstacles without hitting your toe, and walk with good bony alignment and support. PT helps build leg strength with exercises and activities that target muscles in the hips, glutes, thighs, calves, and feet.
- Kiki’s True Love Valentine’s Day Physical Therapy Activities 1
- Thanksgiving Movement List - Blessed 1
- Thanksgiving Movement List - Stuffed 1
- Lower Extremity Strength 0
- Objects Seen While Hiking 4
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- Teaching Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Standing Balance Exercises Without Equipment 1
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Flowers 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- “There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Pie” Yoga Poses 1
- Coordination Activities 0
- One-, two-, and three-step directions – Kiki is Flying 0
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
Visual Schedule Cards
- Kim will safely perform 15 - jumping jacks, with min verbal prompting, 3/4 times per week, for 3 months, to improve extremity strength to join the playtime with her peers freely. 0
- Savvah will actively perform upper and lower extremity and trunk strengthening exercises in every session at least 10 mins per session in 6 consecutive sessions to be able to continue practicing independently at home. 0
- Caitlyn will safely climb a ladder at the playground with minimal assistance, 3 times a week, for 2 week(s), to improve overall strength and endurance. 1
- Olivia will cruise, using the wall as support, for 15 feet, for 5 sessions, to increase developmental ambulation for in school transitions. 0
- Jess will ambulate 100 feet on an uneven surface without stumbling to improve dynamic balance by 2 weeks. 1
- Kara will stand on tiptoes, with minimal sway, for 10 seconds, 5 times over 5 sessions, to promote higher scores on the Peabody Developmental Motor Scale. 1
- Luke will ambulate 3 steps with no external aid to increase his stamina and walking independence in 3 weeks. 1
- John will transition from quadruped to short kneeling, with min supervision, in 1 minute(s) to enable upright transitions in 4/5 trials for 6 sessions to better participate in classroom floor games. 1
Superhero Animal HIIT Exercise 2
Enjoy this HIIT (high intensity interval training) exercise any time of the day. This is a kid friendly activity, but any adult can join! The activity incorporates animal moves to make it fun. Perf...
Physical Therapy For Spring: Strawberry 3
Dana Parker PTA
A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for those who are dreaming of delicious spring and summer strawberries.Includes activity list
Spring Animal Exercises 4
Dana Parker PTA
Physical Therapy Resource. Exercise Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. PT. OT. Movement Resource. Spring is in the air, so it's time to get moving! These fun animal exercises help improve str...Includes activity list
Physical Therapy For Spring: Daffodils 3
Dana Parker PTA
Physical Therapy Resource. Movement Resource. PT. Exercise Resource. A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for ...Includes activity list
Physical Therapy For Jokesters: Wisecrack 3
Physical Therapy Resource. Movement Resource. Exercise Resource. PT. A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for ...Includes activity list
"I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" Yoga Activity 2
Read and move along to the book! Use the old lady to print and cut a circle/opening for her mouth or use on white board. Print and cut out food items to place in Old Lady's mouth or use food items ...Includes activity list
Farm Animal Moves 2
Have fun exercising while moving and acting like farm animals! This can be done for so many seconds or minutes or even to music for a game of freeze.
Super Hero Animal Interval 2
Have fun with these animal moves as a great exercise and gross motor activity. This activity can help with sensory/emotional regulation, calming techniques, balance, coordination, and strengthening...
The Cognitive Benefits of Exercise In Youth 2Author: Alex Diamond - Positive effects of exercise on youths' health and cognition.
Eating, Sleeping and Moving Recommendations In Clinical Practice Guidelines For Paediatric Depression: Umbrella Review 2Author: Susan Campisi - Depression is mental health disease affecting large portions of the world. It also an increasingly rising topic in youths. This article gives exercise recommendations that could aid the children suffering with depression
Ed McNeely 2Author: Strength Training For Children: a Review and Recommendations - All exercise has been shown to contain many benefits for children. This article discusses the effects that strength and resistance training can have on kids.
Nutritional and Activity Recommendations For the Child With Normal Weight, Overweight, and Obesity With Consideration of Food Insecurity: An Obesity Medical Association (OMA) Clinical Practice Statement 2022 2Author: Nancy Browne - Obesity rates has been gradually increasing over the last few decades. Many reports of lifelong obesity start as early as childhood. This article identifies the potential causes and aid.
Recommendations For Physical Activity In Asthma: A Work Group Report of the AAAAI Sports, Exercise, and Fitness Committee 2Author: Sharmilee Nyenhuis - Many individuals suffer with Asthma. It can have many adverse effects that work directly against exercise. This article gives recommendations on how to complete exercise while suffering from asthma.
The Contribution of Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviours to the Growth and Development of Children and Adolescents 2Author: Andrew Hills - Positive effects that physical activity has on a child's health. This articles shows the positive development and growth across the lifespan for children.
Exercise—Promoting Healthy Lifestyles In Children and Adolescents 2Author: Stewart Trost - This article shows the positive effects of physical activity on children through the lifespan. This article dives into the differing system benefits of exercise.
Evidence-Based Intervention In Physical Activity: Lessons From Around the World 2Author: Gregory W Heath - EBP relating to physical activity intervention. Helpful for adults and adolescents.
Evidence Based Physical Activity For School-Age Youth 2Author: William Strong - Evidence based practice guidelines that review the effects of physical activity on youth. This study shows the positive effects of physical activity.
Health Benefits of Physical Exercise For Children and Adolescents 2Author: Trevor Archer - Research article describing the benefits of physical exercise. Helpful information on staying healthy through the lifespan
Systematic Review of the Health Benefits of Physical Activity and Fitness In School-Aged Children and Youth 2Author: Ian Janssen - A review dealing with multiple resource to showcase the benefits of physical activity in children. This evidence can be used to understand the positive effects of exercise on a child's physical and cognitive health.