Copied to clipboard!
Physical Therapy -> Strength -> Total Body / Gross / Overall
Total Body / Gross / Overall
Overall body strength is important so we can use body parts or our body as a whole to perform a task. Overall body strength is worked on in physical therapy by doing tasks that require large muscle groups, such as jumping on the trampoline, squats, going up and down the stairs, and climbing over obstacle courses.
- Thanksgiving Movement List - Blessed 1
- Heart Exercises 1
- Kiki’s Physical Therapy Activities about Jokes - Wisecrack 0
- Core Strength 0
- Crossing Midline 0
- Kiki’s Spring Physical Therapy Activities - Strawberry 0
- “There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Pie” Yoga Poses 1
- Coordination Activities 0
- Spring Animal Exercises 0
- My Morning Routine: Directions for Movements 2
- My Afternoon and Reading Routine: Directions for movements 2
Visual Schedule Cards
- Caitlyn will safely climb a ladder at the playground with minimal assistance, 3 times a week, for 2 week(s), to improve overall strength and endurance. 1
- Olivia will cruise, using the wall as support, for 15 feet, for 5 sessions, to increase developmental ambulation for in school transitions. 0
- Kara will stand on tiptoes, with minimal sway, for 10 seconds, 5 times over 5 sessions, to promote higher scores on the Peabody Developmental Motor Scale. 1
- Theo will safely perform 20 push ups without falling, 5 days a week for 2 months, to improve upper extremity strength. 1
- Lisa will reach for the object 5 xs with LUE, in a quadruped position, 4 /5 days in a week, in the classroom and other settings, with min supervision, to improve her gross motor skills and her participation in everyday life activities, in 6 weeks. 0
- Darren will grasp a cube from a pile of shapes, from sitting, with 80% success, 10 times over 5 sessions, to improve grasping ability for playtime. 1
- Jane will recover 80% to midline, from lateral perturbations, while sitting, 10 times over 5 sessions, to promote better righting reactions for floor time. 1
- Tommy will imitate the therapists movement with no verbal cuing, with 75% success, for 90 seconds over 5 sessions, to improve cognitive motor planning for receiving instructions. 1
- Chase will increase overall core strength for floor playtime, by crawling 15 feet, with no assist, to grab a toy, by the end of 1 month(s). 1
- Savvah will actively perform upper and lower extremity and trunk strengthening exercises in every session at least 10 mins per session in 6 consecutive sessions to be able to continue practicing independently at home. 0
- Ryan will throw a baseball 20 feet with proper mechanics 10 times a day, for 2 week(s), to improve ball skills. 1
- Caroline will roll from supine to prone with minimum assistance, with 50% success to both sides, 10 times over 3 sessions, to improve floor mobility for playtime. 1
- Jane will hold an elbow plank, without dropping, for 5 seconds , 30 times a weeks, to improve core endurance. 1
- John will transition from quadruped to short kneeling, with min supervision, in 1 minute(s) to enable upright transitions in 4/5 trials for 6 sessions to better participate in classroom floor games. 1
- Tony will ambulate 50 feet, 5 times over 2 week(s), with hand held assist for increased transitioning when ambulating in school. 1
- Benny will sit in short sitting, maintaining midline, with Supervision assist, for 90 seconds over 5 sessions, to improve static sitting balance in class. 1
- Jess will ambulate 100 feet on an uneven surface without stumbling to improve dynamic balance by 2 weeks. 1
Earth Day Yoga 2
Short yoga sequence to help celebrate Earth Day
Dr. Seuss ’Sleep Book’ Yoga Sequence 2
This is a short yoga sequence to follow along with the Dr. Seuss "Sleep Book."
Superhero Animal HIIT Exercise 2
Enjoy this HIIT (high intensity interval training) exercise any time of the day. This is a kid friendly activity, but any adult can join! The activity incorporates animal moves to make it fun. Perf...
Kiki Blossoms Into Spring 3
Physical Therapy Resource. Exercise Resource. Movement Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Blossom with Kiki using these exercises as a session outline or warmup activity.
Physical Therapy For Spring: Strawberry 3
Dana Parker PTA
A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for those who are dreaming of delicious spring and summer strawberries.Includes activity list
Spring Animal Exercises 4
Dana Parker PTA
Physical Therapy Resource. Exercise Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. PT. OT. Movement Resource. Spring is in the air, so it's time to get moving! These fun animal exercises help improve str...Includes activity list
Physical Therapy For Spring: Daffodils 3
Dana Parker PTA
Physical Therapy Resource. Movement Resource. PT. Exercise Resource. A collection of coordination, core strength, upper and lower extremity strength, and crossing the midline activities. Great for ...Includes activity list
Wonderwoman Warm-Up 2
A fun little super hero warm up activity based with Wonder Woman packed with gross motor skills!
"I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" Yoga Activity 2
Read and move along to the book! Use the old lady to print and cut a circle/opening for her mouth or use on white board. Print and cut out food items to place in Old Lady's mouth or use food items ...Includes activity list
Farm Animal Moves 2
Have fun exercising while moving and acting like farm animals! This can be done for so many seconds or minutes or even to music for a game of freeze.
Super Hero Animal Interval 2
Have fun with these animal moves as a great exercise and gross motor activity. This activity can help with sensory/emotional regulation, calming techniques, balance, coordination, and strengthening...
Holiday Breakfast Yoga and Breathing Activities 3
Whitney Castle, PT, DPT
Yoga Resource. Movement Resource. Physical Therapy Resource. Occupational Therapy Resource. Mindfulness Resource. Move and breathe along with a holiday breakfast menu with yoga poses and breathing ...Includes activity list
Low Levels of Objectively Measured Physical Activity In Preschoolers In Child Care. 2Author: John Reilly - This article assesses the effects low levels of exercise will have on children. This article reviews relevant research to learn an estimation into what percentage of children lack adequate exercise.
Ed McNeely 2Author: Strength Training For Children: a Review and Recommendations - All exercise has been shown to contain many benefits for children. This article discusses the effects that strength and resistance training can have on kids.
Recommendations For Physical Activity In Asthma: A Work Group Report of the AAAAI Sports, Exercise, and Fitness Committee 2Author: Sharmilee Nyenhuis - Many individuals suffer with Asthma. It can have many adverse effects that work directly against exercise. This article gives recommendations on how to complete exercise while suffering from asthma.
Eating, Sleeping and Moving Recommendations In Clinical Practice Guidelines For Paediatric Depression: Umbrella Review 2Author: Susan Campisi - Depression is mental health disease affecting large portions of the world. It also an increasingly rising topic in youths. This article gives exercise recommendations that could aid the children suffering with depression
The Contribution of Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviours to the Growth and Development of Children and Adolescents 2Author: Andrew Hills - Positive effects that physical activity has on a child's health. This articles shows the positive development and growth across the lifespan for children.
Effects of Exercise On Cognitive Performance In Children and Adolescents With ADHD: Potential Mechanisms and Evidence-Based Recommendations 2Author: Lasse Christiansen - ADHD affects a high number of youth every year. This article keeps that in mind and assesses the effects that physical exercise will have on youths dealing with ADHD.
Nutritional and Activity Recommendations For the Child With Normal Weight, Overweight, and Obesity With Consideration of Food Insecurity: An Obesity Medical Association (OMA) Clinical Practice Statement 2022 2Author: Nancy Browne - Obesity rates has been gradually increasing over the last few decades. Many reports of lifelong obesity start as early as childhood. This article identifies the potential causes and aid.
Exercise—Promoting Healthy Lifestyles In Children and Adolescents 2Author: Stewart Trost - This article shows the positive effects of physical activity on children through the lifespan. This article dives into the differing system benefits of exercise.