Copied to clipboard!
Speech Therapy -> Expressive Language -> Semantics
The study of meaning of language and how words work together. This includes things such as multiple words that have the same meaning, but are used in different pragmatic situations.
Building Semantic Networks: The Impact of a Vocabulary Intervention On Preschoolers’ Depth of Word Knowledge 2Author: Elizabeth B. Hadley, David K. Dickinson, Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, Roberta Michnick Golinkoff - Results suggest that fostering deep vocabulary knowledge involves not only teaching single word entities but also introducing systems of conceptually related words to build semantic networks.
Selecting Vocabulary Words to Teach 3Author: Shelley Gray and Hui-Chun Yang - Although speech-language pathologists may understand the importance of vocabulary for oral language, listening, and reading comprehension and the need for vocabulary instruction, they may not have a clear rationale for selecting specific words to teach. The purpose of this article is to review different strategies for selecting vocabulary words for direct instruction and to discuss the pros and cons of each strategy.
The Link Between Language and Spelling: What Speech-Language Pathologists and Teachers Need to Know 3Author: Carol Moxam - SLPs have expertise in the key speech and language domains such as phonology, morphology, and semantics and are therefore well placed to play an important role in supporting learners in making links between these domains in relation to spelling development and intervention.
Language In Brief 1Author: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - Language is a rule-governed behavior. It is defined as the comprehension and/or use of a spoken (i.e., listening and speaking), written (i.e., reading and writing), and/or other communication symbol system (e.g., American Sign Language).
- 12th Grade Vocabulary words and definitions 3
- Synonyms/Antonyms 2
- 9th Grade Vocabulary words and definitions 3
- 6th Grade Vocabulary words and definitions 3
- 10th Grade Vocabulary words and definitions 2
- 11th Grade Vocabulary words and definitions 3
- 8th Grade Vocabulary words and definitions 2
- List of Paired Words to Compare and Contrast 1
- Synonyms 1
- Synonym/ Antonym 1st grade 2
- 7th Grade Vocabulary words and definitions 3
- Synonym/Antonym 5th grade 1
- Spring Fix a Sentence 2
- Justin will formulate complete, semantically and grammatically correct spoken phonemes of increasing length and complexity using given words and contextual constraints imposed by illustrations with 80% accuracy across 3 consecutive sessions as measured by clinician observation and data collection to increase grammatical and expressive language skills. 2
- Shirleen will use age-appropriate morphology (i.e., plurals, attributes, possessives, helping verbs) to describe photos and create grammatically correct phonemes with 80% accuracy in 4/4 consecutive therapy sessions as measured by clinician data collection to increase grammatical and expressive language skills. 5
Story dice are a fun way to elicit speech, language and writing samples and to target goals in therapy or in centers! Dice include engaging images for writing prompts and conversational starters. T...